الأحد، 9 ديسمبر 2012

Brita Seifert 1963 | GermanBrita Seifert 1963 | German









































































Red Dreams | Brita Seifert 1963 | German Fantastic/Surrealist painter
Brita Seifert, german painter, was born in Leipzig, Germany. In 1980 I started drawing with pencil and paper, and then learned to paint with oils. Never having agreed with the method of art education in school, all my techniques in the application of art materials were self-taught. Being interested in all that encompasses art and design I decided to investigate computer art. Many turbulent surrealistic paintings were produced which contained images critical of the government at that time. Deciding to express my unrest with the current social/governmental situation I put caution aside and produced several exhibitions of my artwork. My hope being to wake the people up and to bring about change. The GDR showed no tolerance and in October of 1989 I was told to leave the country or go to prison. I moved from East Berlin. Living and working in Tuebingen, South Germany, Italy and back to Berlin from 1989-1992 my education in the arts grew. I am turning to a stronger direction of fantastic and surrealist imagery.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق